Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Growing Up with Harry Potter

I want to thank my high school english teacher for introducing me to Harry Potter. I was 15 years old and on my junior year when she gave us a homework to write a book review about Harry Potter. And we were like, "Harry what?!" At that time, I don't have the slightest idea who Harry Potter was because I was too preoccupied with Freddie Prinze Jr, and Dawson's Creek! Lol. 

Anyway, she told us that she is currently reading a book called Harry Potter, and she just saw the trailer of that book. Hence, she gave us a homework to do a book review about Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And we were like, "Yeah right, whatever!," because at that time, my classmates and I prefers to read magazines than books. But since we don't want to fail in her class, we bought the book. And guess what, on the next day, we were no longer holding some teen magazines on our hands but instead, we were holding a book called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. OMG, we were so hooked on that book. It's like we can't stop reading it. We were even friggin excited to watch the movie. And since our english teacher realized that we are now hooked on Harry Potter, she decided to give us another homework, but this time, it's a movie review of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We were actually excited to do the homework because hey it's a fun homework and it's not a boring math homework. Lol. Anyway, my friends and I used to skipped class just to watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And we even watched it not once but more than 5 times! The HP mania was incurable that Freddie Prinze Jr. got replaced by Tom Felton, contacts got replaced by glasses, and magazines got replaced by HP books. Lol. So yeah, blame it on our english teacher!! Lol.

Anyway, the following year, we were on our senior year and we are preparing for our college exam, when the Harry Potter sequel was in cinemas. Even though there are no more Harry Potter homeworks, and we are busy preparing for college, we still skip class just to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Lol. And I remember that we even go home late because we kept on re-watching the movie. Oh yeah, we are so addicted to it. Anyway, the next year, when I found out that the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be out, I immediately called my local bookstore to ask for a reservation of that book. Anyway, to make the story short, the Harry Potter mania still lives on. So every year is basically pretty much the same, it's either reading HP books or watching HP movies.

Anyway, It's been 9 years since I became a fan of Harry Potter, and in those nine years, Harry Potter plays a major part in my life especially during my teenage years. I collected all the 7 Harry Potter books, and I even have Dvd's. And now, even though there's a vampire and werewolf mania going on, I'm still siding on with the wizards and the witches. Lol. Yes, I may be no longer a 15 year old teenage girl, but I'm still a huge fan of Harry Potter. So now that I've watched the trailer of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. All I can say is that I can't wait for November 19, 2010 and July 15, 2011!! But.. it will be the last Harry Potter movie. So I'm kinda sad. I mean, I've watched all the Harry Potter movies, so for sure, I will be definitely missing watching Harry Potter on the big screen.


Who cares about Team Edward or Team Jacob? I'm on Dumbledore's Army!

No comments:

Post a Comment