Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Review: I heart Toy Story 3

Since the movie house is just 2 blocks away from my place, I invited my boyfriend and my brother to accompany me to watch Toy Story 3 because I really wanted to watch it ever since I saw the trailer. Anyway, I've already read in the forums that the movie will definitely make you cry, so I was really expecting that I'll cry while watching it. I even prepared myself not to cry. Lol.

In the movie, Andy is all grown up, and he's now going to college. Anyway, I will not tell the whole story because I want you to watch it. Lol. To sum up,  the last 15 minutes in the movie is simply touching and so heart warming! Even though he haven't played with his toys for ages, he still cares for them. He wanted to keep his toys at the attic, and he even wanted to bring Woody (his first toy) with him in his college dorm. But in the end, he decided to donate it to this little girl named Bonnie. Actually, it was Woody's idea. (I won't explain how and why it happened.. better watch the movie, okay?!) So when Andy went to Bonnie's house, he introduced all his toys to her, and then as he was introducing them one by one, he was surprised because he saw Woody there in the donation box. He even looked at Woody for like about 5 seconds and he hesitated to give him to Bonnie. But Bonnie knew who Woody was and of course, Andy was shocked. He didn't want to give Woody but then he looked at Bonnie and maybe he realized that Bonnie is the new rightful owner who will take good care of his Woody. So what Andy did is he finally gave Woody to Bonnie, and even played with her. When he was leaving, Bonnie wave Woody's hand, and said goodbye. Andy was tearful and also said goodbye to Woody. And the next thing I knew, everyone in the cinema (including me) was crying. Lol. 

It was obvious that Andy's favorite toy is Woody, probably because it was his first toy. Yes, of course there was Buzz, and if you watched Toy Story 1, you'd remember that Woody is jealous of Buzz because he is the new toy. But what Woody didn't realized is that even though Buzz is the new toy, he is Andy's favorite toy. I mean, Andy was even sad when he can't find Woody, and he can't sleep because he misses him. So in the end of Toy Story 1, Andy was super happy when he found Woody and Buzz. And of course, I won't elaborate the sequel, Toy Story 2. But what I'm trying to say here is that yes you can get a lot of new and probably better toys but there's still one favorite toy that you will love forever.

For Buzz, he always thought that he and Woody was Andy's favorite toys, because hey Woody and him are partners, right. So when Andy only picked Woody, Buzz was shocked and hurt because he realized that it was really Woody and only Woody who was Andy's favorite toy. Luckily, Buzz quickly accepted the truth. So for Woody, he was also shocked, but even though Andy chose him, he still decided to stay with the other toys. Of course, Woody loves Andy and he surely wanted to go with him to college but Woody can't just leave his fellow toys, because they're family. Besides Woody finally realized that even though he is Andy's favorite toy, Andy is no longer a kid, but already an adult. And for Andy, he may be all grown up now but he is still a kid at heart. He still love and cares for his toys. Yes, he wanted to keep them but he knows that there is someone who needs them more. Besides, he knew that his toys also deserves to be played, and not just to be stocked inside the attic. And that's the main reason why he donated his toys to Bonnie. Yes, it's time move on for everyone, Andy is now in college, and the toys already have a new owner. But that doesn't mean that Andy and his toys will just forget all the wonderful memories they've made together. The End. Bow. 

OMG this is a long blog post. Lol. I really love the movie, and I'm recommending everyone to go watch it because it's worth it!! Anyway, here's a photo of me with the gang. Lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment